Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Year, A New Bucket List Item Attempt

I've wanted to construct, paint, decorate, and arrange furniture in a dollhouse since I was a child. My birthday is about a month away and since people are starting to ask what I want and how I want to celebrate I began thinking. The reality of life is that I have decided I will not get older than 29. I don't know how long for, but I'm capping my age at 29. And I love Disney, fairytales, and anything royalty-related. So I'm thinking a fairytale or storybook birthday theme is going to happen.

And you know what? I want to work on that dollhouse idea I had! This one is called "Storybook Cottage"!!! It comes with nine pieces of furniture. It has two bay windows and cute upper windows. I like the gingerbread trim on it. One room/floor. It seems a bit cramped and limits interior decorating, but it's SO cute! And it is probably manageable for a first time dollhouse constructor. So I think I'm going to try it!

So this year, my only resolution so far, is to work on having hobbies that are enjoyable, creative, and allow me to express myself while decompressing. Thus far I intend to work on a quilt and a dollhouse. We'll see what else comes to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment