Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gratitude

I'm very thankful for so many things in my life. Today I've been thinking of unanswered prayers and of unexpected answers to prayers.

Some things I've been grateful for:
* My family. I have a very supportive family even if we rarely agree with each others' crazy plans, I know that I will be encouraged. They'll always pray for me and be hopeful for my hopes. I love that I can talk to any member of my family and know without doubt that I am loved and that they will always be proud of me because I am living my life in a manner that is true to myself and my convictions.
* My friends. I have some amazing people in my life. I view it as being proof of God's love and His watchfulness in my life. He must really cherish me to bless me with such amazing associates.
* Getting in touch with old friends again. I've been able to get back in touch with a friend from high school that I always cared about and hoped good things for. It was a tender mercy to be able to talk with him again. He's still a really good guy with a kind heart even though he's had some hard bumps along the road; it makes me happy to see that. Another friend that I love and I recently re-encountered each other. We'll be penpals during deployment and it'll be so fun to be in touch closely again!
* Making new friends. I've recently been getting to know some new people. I am just floored by how great people can be (and disappointed by how not so great they can be). I've been getting to know one friend lately and have been so impressed; I hope the trend continues with that friend.
* Seeing beauty all around. I'm so lucky.
* Not having to worry about having a place to live! My present contract ends on the 14th and the new one starts the 25th. My present landlord is letting me stay longer. He apologized for the carpet cleaning being on the 24th! How awesome is he?! It was such a relief and so encouraging. :)
* Health. I'm healthier than I've been in years. It's a blessing; that's all there is to it!
* Having all of my needs and many of my wants met. (Self-explanatory.)
* Being able to take a nap when I was tired. I crashed for four hours this early evening after work. It was so nice to sleep and then be able to get up and get things done.
* There are so many other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment