Friday, September 3, 2010

Mystic Connections

I have weird random connections to many things. One of those things is Pandora. Here's an example of songs that played when I was in a bummed mood because of a guy.

"There She Goes" by Sixpence None the Richer
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Iz
"Red High Heels" by Kellie Pickler
"The World I Know" by Collective Soul
"Watching Airplanes" by Gary Allan
"Ain't That the Way it Always Ends" by Tim McGraw

Now, why are these songs so poignant? Here's why:

"There she goes, there she goes again. Pulsing through my brain. And I just can't contain this feeling that remains..." Have you ever seen the person that dated or married an ex at a completely unexpected and inconvenient time? It feels just like a thought that is pulsing with a life of its own that I am unable to control.

"Somewhere over the rainbow way up high there are dreams that we dream of once in a lullaby..." Dreams of a 'happy ending' with an individual live in a faraway fantasy land.


"Baby I’ve got plans tonight you don’t know nothin’ about. I’ve been sitting around way too long trying to figure you out. But you say that you’ll call and you don’t and I’m spinning my wheels. So I’m going out tonight in my red high heels... You know the deal; nobody holds a candle to me in my red high heels...I'm about to show you just how missin' me feels..."

"I drink myself of newfound pity sitting alone in New York City and I don't know why... So I walk up high and I step to the edge to see my world below. And I laugh at myself as the tears roll down.'Cause it's the world I know."

"I'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanes take off and fly, tryin' to figure out which one you might be on and why you don't love me anymore..."

"Oh and she looked so innocent talkin' about bein' just friends. Oh and it don't make a bit of sense. Ain't that the way it always ends..."

No comments:

Post a Comment