Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Women are crazy and men are stupid

"Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."
— George Carlin, who wrote "Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?"


Now I must admit primarily that I'm not entirely sure that women are crazy or that men are stupid. In fact, I doubt the validity of both comments.

I will say that men (more specifically boys) are trials for my nerves. It seems that as soon as I decide on one guy and only that one guy a bunch of others come out of the woodwork. Why does that happen? What's with that any way?

Let's compare two (purely fictional of course) guys that we'll refer to as Guy A* and Guy B:

A is a fun, challenging, and smart guy. He's fun to trade banter with. Flirting with him is a blast and physical affection is very easy. He's mature, has a plan and life goals, and is his own person. Being around him is almost too easy.

B is kinda' obnoxious, goofy, and adventurous. He's full of exuberance. Listening to his stories and hanging out are easy. He's high-energy, kinda' immature, and seeks my approval. Being around him is like being too close to a drug.

For a fling, B would be fantastic if it weren't for the beauty of his heart (and my own morals). A would actually seem more likely to participate in a fling, but that might just be because I've been unattainable.

So, here's the rub. B is more physically attractive. Not that A is unattractive, it's just that when raw animal magnetism is the qualifier, B wins hands' down. However, A is the intelligent choice. He's also more fun (B is rather tightly wound and somewhat closed off). But B has been more physically open and receptive. In overall confidence, A wins. B is more compatible emotionally from what I've seen, but A is far better equipped and competent when I am emotionally distressed.

I have a special connection though it's different for each. With A it's a mental understanding; with B it feels like our hearts are connected.

Is the winner clear? (It's A, in case you're unaware.)

HOWEVER, A is MIA. I don't know what's up, but I think perhaps the feelings are one-sided. Lame. And B? Well...I am not sure what to think. My interest is in A. I'm trying to think of B to avoid thinking of A. My roommate tells me to think about school and not boys at all because it's finals' week. Grr.

She's right. On to papers!

*Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.

1 comment:

  1. Answer: Polygamy! More specifically, polyandry.

    ReplyDelete